Service desk software is related to a computer program that allows companies to keep track of customer requests and take care of other client/care-related issues. Service or help desk software is CRM that makes customer-care service productive and efficient.
In average, service desk software is part of a larger package that includes IT service management and asset management and is also called help desk software. Quite often, these two terms are equivalents of the same idea. However, the term “help desk software” more often deals with the tool that takes care of customer grievances and/or queries. In recent times, service desk software and customer service systems have become increasingly popular. And their use has experienced a massive increase worldwide.
Why service desk software is so helpful
Service desk software helps automate customer services in many ways, and by doing it, builds strong relationships between companies and their clients. Basically, as exemplified by bpm’online CRM systems, service desk tools assist in boosting customer center and service enterprise operations.
Service desk software serves as a point of contact for clients, who can direct their queries/grievances to your company, and it operates as a ticketing system that registers and manages issues for their faster resolution. This CRM system may also include a service that collects and enters answers and queries into the company’s knowledge base to use them at a later stage for the benefit of both the company and its customers.
Five service desk systems that can move your company to the next level
Bpm’online is a cloud-based solution for full-cycle service management. It can be beneficial both for the operations of a company’s customer center and for a service enterprise. Bpm’online service desk software is a great asset for those companies that seek to manage omnichannel communications. It will also serve as an excellent tool for medium-size and large companies that want to deliver high-level services via multiple communication channels. This product has the following practical features:
- This software was designed for automation of support team operations that are connected to high flow of outbound and inbound information.
- Agents’ interactions with customers are improved with the help of a high quality agent multichannel desktop.
- A service catalogue helps coordinate service processes and provide subscriptions to various services.
- The system automatically creates cases based on incoming email messages and connects these emails with related cases.
- The software enables the user to quickly track faults and malfunctions and resolve them in reasonable time.
Helprace offers users actionable solutions at every point of contact. The company promises that the gap between help desk, traditional CRM, and community management will be eliminated with the help of its products. It has the following useful features:
- This tool helps evaluate your agents’ performance by enabling your clients to leave comments regarding their support experiences.
- Using this products, you can respond to tickets right from your email account.
- This solution allows customers to participate in the process by providing resources to company site visitors to report, suggest, or ask.
- Knowledge base articles are placed throughout this solution, and they are accessible in the user portal.
BMC offers its social, modern, and mobile service desk solutions to help change the workplace and provide a productive digital workforce. Its product has the following features:
- This software includes essential tasks such as service catalogue, problem and incident management, asset management, and mobile self-service.
- Your help desk is simplified with the help of unified knowledge, asset, change, and ticketing management. The ticketing process has been streamlined from request to resolution.
- You can work from anywhere and use this tool on any device.
- Your change process can be automated with the help of tailor-made workflows and mobile applications.
Teamwork Desk insists that running your company’s help desk shouldn’t be a problem. The service desk software that was designed makes it easy for your employees to handle any customer support queries that come their way. This product has the following features:
- This CRM allows to resolve customer support issues faster in collaborative space. You can use notes features to share your creative ideas with your fellow workers.
- A comfortable support desk makes it easy for your agents to manage every enquiry from the moment it arrives to the time it is resolved.
- This tool presents a new era of service desk software that makes it invisible for your clients. All of the communication between you and them will look like ordinary emails, which makes your clients feel like valued individuals.
- Your portal is completely customizable, which allows to specify your company’s branding and makes it look familiar to your customers.
LiveChat developed a service desk software that has two functions in one package: live chat and a help desk. It helps satisfy your customers and allows you to improve the quality of your support. This software has the following features:
- This product helps stay in touch with your clients through your website and send them in the right direction.
- This software promises to resolve your issues in 4 out of 5 cases during chat conversations avoiding any follow-up work.
- Your chat can be graded at the end of each conversation, and it will help you improve the quality of your support.
- Live chat replaces phone calls and email messages and facilitates your work.
- This company offers web, desktop, and mobile applications for your customer service.