BPM software solutions have been in use in numerous industries for more than 5 years now. Over the course of this time, these solutions have evolved and are frequently used today. Thanks to the new technologies, you can now get your hands on cutting-edge BPM software able not only to streamline your BPM efforts, but also automate the majority of the redundant tasks.
The only question that remains is: “How do you pick one that is the best fit for your business?” This is an incredibly important step because it will determine the success of software deployment and adoption. This is why we have created a list of tips that will help you choose the right BPM solution for your business.
Do you Really Need BPM Software?
“Do I really need a BPM system in my organization?”, you might ask. The answer is already there, you just have to know where to look. Your first effort should be taking a look at how data is managed in your organization.
If your filing cabinets are full of documents and they are scattered all around your office building, and part of your data is all over the emails, you are a viable BPM software adopter.
After checking your documents, you have to take a look at your approval process, because it is going to determine the efficiency of all other processes that have to be overseen and approved before they can start a new cycle or advance a step forward. If approval is chaotic and takes a lot of time, you are in need of a BPM system.
As a final effort to answering the above-mentioned question, you should take a look at the systems your staff is already using. If there are a lot of legacy platforms being used for BPM, the chances are that your staff is losing time on logging, relogging and alt-tabbing all these solutions to get the job done. Another clear sign that you need a BPM solution.
Identify What Features You Need
Maybe you will find out some other problems in your organization besides the ones that we have discussed above. Make sure to write them all down as the right BPM system for your organization has to offer solutions to all of them. How does BPM software solve them? By offering you access to specific features.
Features are specific software functionalities that will help you with your in-house BPM efforts. Some of the most powerful BPM software features include:
- Complete Automation – This functionality will help you automate the majority of redundant and boring tasks in your organization. This includes anything ranging from document approval, all the way to management of the most complex projects.
- Business Process Tools – Not all BPM systems come with the complete set of tools for business process management. To get full control over your processes, look for tools that enable process modelling, easy process execution and real-time process analysis and monitoring. This will help you create processes according to your business logic and easily identify and get rid of the bottlenecks. You can check out one of the best BPM software solutions coming with these tools by clicking here.
- Cloud support – When you are investing in a business software solution, it’s wise to pick cloud-based software. Why? Because all of your documents will be kept in one centralized and safe location, while the very system can be accessed through any internet browser and on any device, regardless of the user’s location. Cloud-based business software solutions add more to the overall business agility.
- Mobile ready – True team efficiency and agile management are achieved via mobility. This is why you should get yourself ready for the future by investing in a mobile ready BPM software. Before reaching your final decision, check if the vendor offers dedicated BPM mobile apps for both Android and iOS.
- Collaboration tools – A BPM platform has to enable your departments to truly connect and collaborate. Look for tools such as a calendar with project management features, a notification system, chat, employee and client management.
- Security – If you want your BPM system to be secure, look for one that prevents unauthorized access by utilizing user permission rights. This will enable you to set who can access your system and restrict access to specific features to ones that are allowed to log in.
As you can see, there are a lot of features to choose from. Make sure to go with a solution that can help you work out in-house problems and bottlenecks, as well as be on the safe side when it comes to adapting to possible changes in the future.
Pick the Right Vendor
When you start researching BPM software market, you will be surprised by the number of vendors on it. Don’t let this confuse or discourage you. Follow this simple set of rules to identify if the vendor is worth your time and money:
- Check the vendor’s reputation – read the social proof, look them up on social media, and check if they have won some awards in the past.
- Read their software reviews on independent software review websites.
- Check their customer support – when it is accessible, how can you contact them and what is their response rate.
Hopefully, these tips will help you identify and get your hands on the right BPM software solution for your business. As you can see, picking the right software is not easy, but trust us, the more time you invest in this phase, the easier and more efficient the software implementation and adoption will be.